Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept 19th, Jackie & Adams Wedding


I like weddings, always have always will. My favourite are the ones that I'm not in or shooting, the ones where I get to relax and enjoy the day, in a tie. Ahh the neck tie, the modern day noose. I am all grown up now and trying to make my way down the road to professional entrepreneurial business , yet I just can't tie a tie. I can however google questions and find video tutorials on YouTube. Yeap that's right, thanks for nothing Iphone. In the end I had to have a friend of mine named Evan, tie my knot, I kept it in my pocket until I could find help from a grown up.
The wedding was a short and lovely service in a magnificent location. Less than an hour west on Montreal is a lovely little piece of heaven named Oka. Perhaps you've heard of the cheese. Just off the top of a hill over looking the river is the Abbaye Cistercienne d'Oka a magnificent place that reminded me of a European church, Alma College, and the Great Hall from Harry Potter.
There was of course the usual games and traditions of any wedding. I won the opportunity to try and win the tables center piece buy "Winning" some games and having to "Do the Twist" for 5 min, right after a lovely dinner. As much as I thought I was going to chuck wedding cake all over the dance floor, I managed to keep it together even though I was finally on a losing team. I did think that the girls were going to beat each other into spewing on the dance floor when the bouquet toss finally rolled around. My God ladies. At every wedding there is always a mad scramble and someone ends up on their but when it comes to the flower toss. Why is that?
And then of course the Party...
Many Thanks to the Bride and Groom. May your love be like a tree in the wind. strong and rooted, yet adaptable to the changing conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment