Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sept 5th, Bob's

Had to hit Bob's this morning for some fruit and I thought I'd take some shots for a Mile End Showcase. The Mike End Fruiterie, better known as "Bob's", is by far the best produce store on the entire Island. The owner Bob is a very cool dude from Pakistan who lets his beautiful grand daughter run around the store. Bob's got a good thing going. His food is always fresh and ready to go because, the way I see it is, that Bob gets all his stock from local farmers, big distributes, and other local shopping centers and supper stores. His avocados can be eating on the way home, because they have already been ripening form other sellers who have to much stock of their own. Can't go to wast, so Bob picks it up for cheaper and sells it for less. Mile End can support huge amounts of food because turns out that Mile End is the most densely populated neighbourhood in all of Canada. No shit, and the average age is 33. Explains why everyone around here is fairly cool and no one ever has anything in their fridge. They eat it on the way home.


Yes, I shot an exterior / establishing shot, but it sucked so bad I didn't even want to look at it.
This is a rip off of an image I did for Yasmin and her 108 x 108 Blog. We did a day at Jean Talon Market in the summer. I must see place In MTL, but Bob's my Bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment