Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1at Beef with the Games

Getting around in this town was tricky enough last week. My daily trips are made up of a bus, metro (SkyTrain), SeaBoat, and another shuttle bus up the mountain. Man oh man, I had this thing locked down to just under 2 hours, but I didn't think about choppy waves under the SeaBoat. That will tack on an exta 5 min if your lucky. Here's the real kick in the ass. By being pushed back 5 min I missed the shuttle up by 3 min. Whomever put together the schedule for shutles up the hill thought that hourly runs would be fine. It's not. Anyone who knows me, knows I hate being late. I hate when people make me late. I hate when others are late. Drives me crazy.
Anyone who's making a trip up into the mountains be it Cypress or Whistler better give themselves an extra hour just to be safe.
Oh and the Games haven't even started yet. Can't wait to see what kind of shit show is in store for us when an extra 100 million people cram into this town.
On the plus side, or the silver lining is that Im at the Olympic games with a Rock Star job on the Rock Star hill. My seats are still better than the tickets that people have paid upto 1G$ for. They still have to look at the back of my head when I'm high 5'ing Sean White Popping air out of the side of the HalfPipe.
All ways look at the bright side of life. And don't be late.
Plus I had time to Blog/Vent and get a new high score on Tetris. Best game ever, beats smoking!

No comments:

Post a Comment