Thursday, February 4, 2010

1st look at Vancouver.

I arrived late last night I thought it best to take advantage of the east west time change and went straight to bed. I awoke before the sun and got all my gear ready for a long day of exploration. I was out the door and headed to the street corner to see what was where. I looked to my left, nothing. I looked to my right and wouldn’t you know it, mountaintops peeking up over the smaller buildings rooftops. I had my bearing and I began to rush up a long incline of a hill. When I reached the top I was stunned by what I saw. Down Town Vancouver nestled on the edge of the Rocky Mountains, its real. I knew that I found one of the many amazing “Post Card” vantage points that this town offers. I also noticed high above me the office for the very kind people at Sparta Leasing Group, (-plug-www.spartagroupinc.com) and ran up 3 flights of stairs in to their office. This office has a little patio sticking out of the side of the building looking in every direction, but south. Sorry south. I walked right up to the front desk and said, “My name is Craig Bannerman, I am a Photographer from Montreal and I have to shoot from your patio!” To which I was replied with, yeah sure what ever happens all the time? Wicked, see sometimes all you have to do is ask.

This is 15 frames at F14 – 1/100 ISO 100. With the focus locked on Manual. Assembled in Photoshop Old School, 1 at a time. Thanks but no thanks ACR, I'll do it so it gets done right. It's also just a low ress unpolished copy.

My first image on my grand adventure will have to wait until I can give it the attention it deserves. There’s a lot going on.

Hell of a day more to come. I already have lots of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment